Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Epic of Job

One of my (many) quirks is I am a bit germaphobic. Not really a germaphobe, I just refuse to touch the stair railing (or anything else) in a public place. Once I took swabs and cultured them in petri dishes to confirm my fears. With this mind set, I took yesterday off work to stay home and verify I fixed the lice problem in our house. I haven't seen a louse since the weekend so I think I am okay.

Everything in our house that couldn't be sanitized or thrown away was set outside. Two weeks in a harsh Michigan winter will show those lice I'm not fooling around. Other things that have happened this week is the garage door broke, the laptop died for a third and probably final time, my truck seems to have developed a rod knock, and I haven't really been riding. As I was throwing out close to 500 hair ties, bows, and bands, I considered Job, and how I got to this point in my life, and if we really needed 500 hair ties, bows, and bands.

4 comments:

  1. Minimize the clutter for sure. Definitely no need for that many hair ties, bow, and bands... with that said... do I need (counting fingers)... ummm 5 bikes... soon to be 6? :)Happy to hear the lice are leaving the premises like it OR NOT! I spied one today & it was sent home with its owner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6th one will be a titaniumg 29er? You kind of left everyone hanging there a month or so ago with your clues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I knew your address, I'd send you a nice brand new supply of Hair Accessories!!

    Guess who! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well.. I was just so disappointed that NO one was getting it... not EVEN the guy I LIVE WITH!? Yes, you are correct.

    ReplyDelete