Thursday, February 25, 2010

Public Service Announcement

I just noticed http://www.iceman.com/ announced that online registration for the 2010 Iceman Cometh Race starts Monday, March 1st at 11:00 (EST). This is a very cool race I encourage everyone to sign up for. It is limited to something like 3,700 racers and it fills up quickly. And now that I posted this on the Internet, I’m confident the two or three people that occasionally read my blog will cause it to fill up that much faster.

In addition to the Iceman, I really wanted to do the Lumber Jack 100 this year. In December I told everyone who would listen I was going to do this race. I emailed people I ride with to remind them when registration was and posted something on Face Book to make sure no one forgot to register. I forgot to register. It filled up in just one day. That’s okay, I’m not sure I am capable of racing 100 miles anyway. I better not screw up registering for Iceman.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Thanks. :) I had no idea... seriously. Maybe G knew. hmm... so, I had the same plan for LJ .. .thank GOODNESS it filled up so quickly! whew! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iceman registration really surprised me. They normally send out emails and tell us well in advance. And people will be selling their spot for the LJ once they come to there sences in late May so don't you worry about getting in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking at your posts from Last Year's Iceman... I'm surely going to perish. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, really, it's not even a real race. We stop for tea and scones half way through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right... I ride a beach cruiser for Iceman. Piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete