Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day

Allison got her first pimple this week, a reminder that she will not be my little girl forever. We are going to the Daddy Daughter dance Saturday. Em didn't want to go, she is a little too cool for all that. I was thinking about this last night as I looked through the Valentine's Day cards Allie made for her class. I saw a card to Griffin. It seemed to have a few extra stickers on it. I heard Allie mention Griffin's name before so I pulled it out of the pile and carefully inspected it. Allie giggled. Oh man.

The whole concept of Valentine's Day is perplexing to a 9 year old, much more perplexing to a 43 year old.

4 comments:

  1. Slippery slope old man and I think you are losing your footing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up to my nth pimple today... what does this mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Late onset of puberty? Maybe. Did they card you today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No... the Rite Aid clerk simply asked for my DOB & a swipe of my CC for the purchase of my 1.5L bottle of vino & $39.99 + 50% off latest-greatest facial serum. aggg!!!

    ReplyDelete