Thursday, March 12, 2009

Recipe

I never learned to cook. I just have no interest in it and am perfectly content with frozen meals or leftovers from restaurants. The thing is, Allie loves to cook. I was hoping it was just a phase but apparently it is here to stay. It started out with her Easy Bake Oven, this little toy thing where you mix a teaspoon of water to a packet of mix then cook it under a 75 watt light bulb for 20 minutes. At least once a week she wanted to spend some of our daddy/daughter time cooking with this silly Easy Bake Oven.

Last year when I came to grips with the fact that we would be cooking every week, I told Allison she was ready for a “real” oven. What I really meant was I was tired of playing with that silly toy and figured if we got a toaster oven we could make slightly more edible food. Allie was very excited. It (accidentally) turned out to be a great idea. It has helped us eat healthier, which was part of my training plan.

Oh man I sound like such a chick, but here is our favorite recipe. It is low in carbs and high in protein and Omega 3 fats:

1/2 lb salmon (we have used other fish and it all turns out well)
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon saltpinch freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic (daddy learned how to use a garlic press)
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped

Mix the ingredients together and brush it on the salmon (cut into 2 pieces). Set toaster oven to "broil", cook for 4 - 6 minutes for every 1/2". It could be cooked in a “grille basket” but I don't know how to use a grille basket or even what a grille basket is.

No comments:

Post a Comment