Thursday, March 3, 2011

2011 Race Schedule

I got into the Iceman. Barely. I was registering for a few people which added to the stress every time the system crashed, which was often. It was an emotional roller coaster. I was getting a constant stream of emails and texts asking if I was having any luck. I felt like I was back in high school, trying to win free Rush tickets from the local radio station. For anyone who couldn't get in, people will be selling their spots on the MMBA website classifieds right before the dead line (6/1/11) to transfer.

I guess this is the time when racers with blogs are supposed to list their schedule. Everyone is optimistic in March. I really wanted to do the Yankee Springs and Pontiac races in April but I will be in Florida. I'll have my bike with me, you know, to get in some good hill training before the season starts.

I plan on doing Ft. Custer on 5/1, Blood, Sweat, and Beers on 5/7, and the Brighton Stage Race on 5/14 and 5/15. For the rest of the summer I will do a race here or there just for fun, I’m thinking Hanson Hills on 6/5, Pontiac on 6/26, Boyne on 7/9, Big M on 8/7, Maybury on 8/20, and the Log Splitter race in September if they have this race again.

In the back of my mind I'm thinking about doing some cyclo-cross races in the fall. I am determined to see what the fuss is all about. I tried some CX races before, completely unprepared, and had no fun what so ever. As it turns out, it's prudent to show up to a cyclo-cross race with some type of fitness. Go figure.

3 comments:

  1. As soon as I listed what I was going to be doing, everything ground to a standstill due to medical reasons.
    I wish you better luck for your season...

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Trevor. I read your blog. Sorry, I understand how frustrating it must be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never seem to plan out anything riding wise - just wing it as it comes up. The past few seasons, and especially the one just starting, I've focused on assisting my son with racing. Having both of us race on the same day, for mountain bike races anyway, makes for a long day.

    I've also taken way too much of a break this winter, more then usual. Still riding, but nothing consistent. Once I get back in the groove, I may try a few 'cross races this fall. I've only done two 'cross races so far, but had a blast at both of 'em. Watching my son race 'cross always gets itchy to race as well.

    Enjoy the daylight savings change - the official start of the season for many.

    ReplyDelete