Monday, August 10, 2009

Switching Gears

I am starting to think about the Iceman so as soon as Allie and I got home from church I replaced the rigid fork on my Felt with my freshly painted SID and went for a hard ride. I thought about selling my Inglis single speed. It is a wonderful bike but really, my infatuation with single speeds just doesn't make sense anymore.

I took my hands off the Felt's bars to stretch and immediately careened into the brush on the side of the trail. Strange. I tried it again and caught myself as I started to careen into the brush on the other side of the trail. I was baffled. I examined my bike to see why it handled so squirrely; everything looked fine. When I got home I compared the pretty old SID on my Inglis to the very old SID on my Felt. The older SID has a different crown, effectively giving my Felt a silly steep head angel. That’s it, I am swapping forks, selling the Inglis, chalking it up as another failed relationship, and moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment